Thursday, May 15, 2014

Project 21: Garden Art

I recently found this beautiful rusty watering can at a yard sale. It was a great find at only $2. I would have haggled but I was so giddy to find it and the little garden box beside it that I didn't even think to. I shoved money at them and hugged it all the way back to my messy minivan. I love the colors of both items. I have to remember this "white wash" over my favorite pastels. It makes it look so romantic. The color is almost a perfect match to my jadeite. I should have known. I like what I like. 

The black pouch in the photo is a bag full of chandelier crystals. Many of my craft supplies are my mother's items. She kept everything because it might be useful. I shook my head at her when she was alive, now I use so many of her items in my projects. 



I added one of the largest chandelier crystals hanging like a large water droplet from the spout. I used more crystals but I like the simplicity of just one. I haven't found a great spot to hang it yet. I think it needs a shepard's hook. But, for now I love to look at it outside my kitchen window. The crystal really sparkles in person. It's hard to capture in a photo.

It's not much of a project, but:


"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it." - Kurt Vonnegut

No comments:

Post a Comment