Sunday, May 4, 2014

Project 15: Garden Nook

While I've been working on the flower beds surrounding my kitchen garden I've also been mentally catagorizing the different areas in the garden. This part is a shade garden, this part is the kids play area, this part ....needs something. Then I found this beautiful old worn arbor on Craigslist. When I got it into the garden it was so big and beautiful it made me sooo happy. This was exactly what I needed in the garden. A little magical nook to rest and appreciate all my hard work.
This photo was taken through my craft room window. All I had done here was brush on a little chalk paint to change the grey worn wood into something a little more "cottage". My daughter Lili snuck outside and was playing her leapster. I knew I had a winner, if the kids are already stealing it from me.

I wanted to add a few more touches to really make this a destination that called to me.

Some pillows, some fabric and a few planters. It's coming along. I still have my eye out for a few things ( a chandelier maybe?) but I'm having fun adding some whimsical touches.




This is a project that feeds my soul.

1 comment:

  1. I'm in love with that nook! We bought a black wrought iron bench/arbor combo a month ago and I really like it but it doesn't have as much charm as yours.

    ReplyDelete